Sunday, September 30, 2012

Gratitude Sunday

Inspired by:  Wooly Moss Roots -Simply Joys of a Soulful Life Gratitude Sunday


G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y

Okay...I love this picture.

{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.

This week I am grateful for:

Silly kids (see picture).

Baking with my kids and sharing with them time in the kitchen like my mom did with me, plus licking the bowl is pretty awesome.  

Sunny days in fall.

The huge moon last night, so bright and beautiful.

My parents and their love and encouragement.

Also the value my parents put in the wonder of childhood and the effort the put into creating wonder (for me in the past and for my kids now).

The giant pumpkin that "just appeared" in our yard over night.  Listing to Rowan wonder where it came from... She has decided that our dog grew it.

For carrots from the garden.

For getting creatively inspired.

For good books.  (So sad to finish my Sevenwaters series, but a new one will be out in November!)  And story time with my kids is great too. We are loving Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs and George and Martha lately.

Picnics in the yard, and playdates with lovely people.

Figuring out what was plaguing our apple tree and hopefully finding a solution...we will see next year.

Cozy socks and happy customers.  (I think I say this a lot but really I am so thankful to have customers.)

October! Because pumpkin ice cream will be arriving at Cowlicks (um yay!) and Socktoberfest at Pippi's and Pumpkins and fall colors and baking and cozy stuff, woohoo!


3 comments:

  1. Found you on Taryn's blog. Our girls appear to be the same ages. Mine were born 7/09 and 7/11, so it was fun looking through some of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katie,
    That picture at the top is hilarious! :)
    Great list and I love the name 'Socktoberfest', that is so clever! :)

    Love, Taryn

    ReplyDelete