Sunday, April 17, 2011

Precious alone time...

Well yesterday daddy offered me some alone time.  He took Rowan and the dog on a walk/ trike ride and I was alone.

Ahhh...Nice, deep breath, relax, I was able to go to the bathroom alone, and take a nice long shower uninterrupted even put belly oil on my big baby belly (I used to do that daily my first pregnancy!).  Sadly, after that I didn't know what to do!
I wondered how they were doing, and what I was missing. (Does this happen to other moms?  Once you finally have your precious alone time you don't know what to do with yourself?)  So I said to myself  "mommy get a grip!"   Maybe it's because my moments of real alone time are so limited at this point in my life... I spent some time debating; should I start a sewing project, wait maybe painting...I couldn't decide.

So, I did some laundry, did the dishes and worked on a budget so I would feel less overwhelmed by taxes. What do you know, it worked, sitting down and making a plan always helps me feel more in control and prepared (note to self, remember that). Then...

Daddy sent me a video of Rowan at the park.  He knows me well, and he is so sweet to me <3.


So, I enjoyed the video update, had some tea, and even though I didn't start any projects I was able to relax and sort through my head and I felt much more centered when they got home.  Thanks pops!

And, to start my Sunday I got some snuggle time with daddy (yeay!) and then snuggle time with my girl.  While I showered and got ready for work they made us breakfast, which was delish.  Marsh always does my eggs just right.  When I got to the shop I got all my books organized and got tax stuff ready to send.  I feel very productive today, and to top it off  Pippi's was nice and busy today!
I love busy Sundays and happy customers!

I am also really looking forward to this week, daddy has the week off of school so we will have a lot of  family time! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. yay! i love alone time. it gives you time to really appreciate missing them.

    ReplyDelete