Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Secret to Not Getting Overwhelmed ... Start Early

If working retail for the past 15 years has taught me anything it's be prepared for the holidays.
It gets super busy in the sock world come November and items sell out fast so I try to be prepared with enough socks for all my lovely customers, that's my job.

Of course my personal life is another story. 
But, I have learned a lot from my customers.  I have many customers who do their holiday shopping all year round.  Me, I think I would forget what I did with all the stuff and them come upon a treasure trove of gifts 3 years later.  But, starting in October, that I can do. 

Pippi's has lots of great cozy socks and wonderful gifts in the store right now, and I know our other local businesses are busy stocking up on new items for fall and winter as well.

If you buy gifts for your siblings, extended family, close friends, and co-workers in addition to your kids,that's so much all at once! Why not space out your shopping, to a more manageable $50-$150 per month?
Here is my plan: I am going to start with my extended family gifts in October (I have to ship most of that anyway).  My friends and co-workers in November and just focus on my kids and immediate family for November/December.

Helpful Hint:
Socks are a great gift to keep an extra pair or two on hand wrapped and ready to go just in case you forgot someone or are surprised by a gift from someone you didn't expect!

And don't forget with Pippi's stamp card your 6th pair of socks of tights is half price!

This is my plan for the holiday, but you know what they say about plans...How do you stay sane during the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment