Friday, April 24, 2020

Welp...It's Been a While

Well Sock lovers, it's been a while.   Some of my loyal customers have been asking me when I was going to do another blog post and well I guess the time is now. 

We are sheltering in place, staying home, keeping safe (and we have been for over a month now) so what better time then now to get back at the blog!

What am I up to?


A lot and not that much all at once, I 'm sure many of you can relate. The mental work of this pandemic situation is intense, and I think that's why it's taken me a month to get past doing anything more than surviving, caring for the family and filling the sock orders that folks need.

Thankfully, my husband Marshall, is a teacher so he is still getting paid right now and he is working from home. So he works lesson planing, doing meetings and being available to students 8-4 most days with many days students and colleagues emailing him after those hours too...
(I'm finding it's nearly impossible to have work/life balance while sheltering in place because everything is all mushed together.)

While Marshall is doing his work from home, the kids are doing their school from home and I am assisting them with school work, PE, art,  online play dates/google hang outs. Between feeding the family, helping with school, bike rides, baking and garden adventures, I am trying to sell socks via social media. 

Whew...It's a lot actually.  Thankfully, you wonderful sock lovers have been reaching out and contacting me to ship your loved one packages or do a curbside pick up and it means the world to me. I miss seeing everyone in the shop, but your heartfelt messages, words of support and your sock orders help us tremendously during these strange days.  Stay safe  & Stay Home Sock Lovers! And stay tuned for some exciting Pippi's news!




No comments:

Post a Comment