Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Feeling Good, Feeling Grateful.

Grateful for this good life.


First day of summer, was lovely. Daddy let me sleep & made breakfast (have I mentioned before he is wonderful.)  After reading books with Ro, watering the garden and Zo's nap we walked at the Botanical gardens.  (Thanks to my dad, who gave us a family pass, I think we will be spending a lot of time there!)
Ro kept saying wanted to see the signs...it took me a second to figure out what she meant, but there is a sweet children's area that I call the fairy garden with cute painted signs...

Before we reached "the signs" we had to stop to say hello to this awesome dragon! 
The Botanical gardens has great sculptures through out the gardens right now (I'm not sure if they are there permanently or not) They are all different from one another but so beautiful I really enjoyed them.

"Right this way."


Sisters <3


The aforementioned signs.


Giant birds nest in the fairy garden.

Rowan was worried about touching them, she thought they would be fragile.  I told her that they were indeed not fragile; but after she asked when the mommy bird would be coming back, and when the eggs would hatch...I didn't have the heart to tell her these eggs were not actauly real.   I just said I didn't know, and she created a story about the rest.
Her imagination is so vivid and she can now tell us what she is thinking so clearly, I love that little window into her mind. 












This color Cala Lily was our wedding flower<3


After our walk we headed to The Feed Store and picked out some fish for Baba's pond for his Father's day gift.  The kids played with Auntie B and did some swinging while I put the fish in the pond.




Zo's first ice cream cone.

So our day was lovely and I am so grateful for all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment