Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gratitude Sunday

Inspired by:  Wooly Moss Roots -Simply Joys of a Soulful Life Gratitude Sunday


G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y



{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.

This week I am grateful for:

A lovely day spent with my parents, that included and wagon ride, blackberry picking, the Labor day parade, and lunch.

My lovely Pippster who covered my shift so I could stay home with my feverish baby, instead of having to work with my sick little one.

A great Skype date with my sister, I love her.

Some beautiful days to be outside, yummy food from our garden.  I love that the kids can just go pick strawberries, apples or carrots (tiny yummy carrots, Ro can't seem to wait till they get bigger!) as they please, and they love it too.

Getting over a bout of mastitis quickly, and Zo finally cutting that molar!

Daddy giving me alone time again on Saturday, it is such a great way for me to re-charge, to be alone with myself, what a luxury!

For starting to notice when I am getting tense or frustrated and taking a moment to breath and try to remedy what ever it is with out loosing "it".  What I have found that seems to work for both the kids and I is pumping up the music. I have my iPod in the kitchen and when I am feeling a moment coming on I just turn it on and let my mood switch with the music.

A fun yard sale adventure, which lead to us getting a wooden rocking horse and two little rocking chairs, which then lead to a nice outing picking out paint and painting those chairs.  We went with a happy yellow, Rowan helped pick the pain and paint.

My little helper.   Rowan is always asking to help and I love having a little helper, even when sometimes it would be easier to do something myself, it is usually a lot more fun with Rowan.

A nice visit with an old friend and a little walk down memory lane, so fun.

Some sweet mellow days at home.

Baby hugs, just might be the best thing in the world. When Zo hugs me, wraps her tiny arms around my neck and squeezes and I just melt.

What are you thankful for?




1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    Love your gratitude list. So sweet. :)

    And that picture looks yummy.

    Love, Taryn

    ReplyDelete