Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Morning Mayham

My Morning Mayhem, well that may be a bit extreme but mornings can be crazy.  But I love my little crazy mornings. How could I not love starting my day with these two?



For the past 40 days I have been getting up at 5 am to workout and then enjoy my book and coffee until my dear Rowan joins me at the table (usually around 6:30).  What a way to start the day with quiet time for mom, it makes quite a difference for me.  The only problem is that I get really into my reading and I want to read all day.  But that's me I am quite the bookworm.  Reading aside, after Rowan wakes and eats a little we head upstairs. Zo is usually just waking up in my bed after joining us there around 2am...and Rowan and Zo hop in my bed and read books or play apps on my phone while I shower and get ready for the day.
Just recently Zo has started letting me shower and get ready without sobbing, thank goodness!

At some point a realize I have been dillydallying; stopping to read the kids a story, nurse, trying 5 different outfits etc. and then I start stressing and rushing and our sweet slow morning turns into a mad rush to get out the door.  Why I do this nearly every morning I don't know, and I can't seem to change it.  Getting up at 5, 6 or 7 am doesn't seem to matter I seem to always be rushing out the door trying not to be late in the end.  But either way I like the working out part and the slow start, it feels good.  Eventually maybe I will dillydally less while getting ready and we will not be rushing out the door, we'll see.

What are your mornings like? Mellow or mad rush?

No comments:

Post a Comment