Thursday, October 30, 2014

What to do on a Rainy day?


 
I am someone who loves a rainy day especially if I can spend it at home, cozy, inside...listing to  the rain fall.

So on those lovely rainy, stormy days when I can be home I love to:

Get a big cozy blanket,  cuddle in and read books with the family.

These are some of our current favorites.

Bake cookies, and breads.

Make hot chocolate and watch a classic movie.  (Some of my favorites are Mary Poppins or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and Shirley Temple's: The Little Princess or Heidi ).

Bring home a big box from Pippi's and let the kids make and decorate box forts.

Do a fall craft, something simple like, cutting out leaf shapes and painting them with the kids, or making owls, bats or ghosts for our Halloween window.

Paint with water colors.

Have a tea party.

And when we have had enough of being cooped up we put on our rain gear and go out to play.

We make mud pies.


Dance in the rain.

and our ultimate favorite is puddle jumping!

Rowan is the puddle jumping queen!

 I hope we get lots of rain this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment